SLCP is based on facility ownership, which means that facilities initiate and own the assessment process and outcomes. This is a change from conventional audit methodologies in which brands/standards take the lead. To support their suppliers in taking up this leading role, brands can help their facilities in multiple ways:
- Communicate your commitment to SLCP and help suppliers find information about SLCP(click here to see downloadable communications materials that you can use to communicate about SLCP with your suppliers)
- Organize supplier meetings to explain SLCP
- (Partly) cover the costs of an SLCP verification
- If desired: reach out to other brands sourcing from the same supplier to inform them about SLCP
- If desired: conduct a joint-assessment with your supplying facilities .
Can I initiate a joint-assessment for facilities we work with?
Facilities own the SLCP process. Only facilities can initiate a joint-assessment. Brands or agents can provide support when asked to, but they cannot initiate a joint-assessment for facilities.
Can I appoint our preferred VB to verify the self-/joint-assessment data?
Facilities own the assessment and verification process, and they need to assign the Verifier Body (VB). Brands can work with facilities to choose VBs but, as SLCP verified data is intended to be used by multiple parties, the facility might select a VB based on suggestions from other brands. Via the Verification Oversight Organization, SLCP administers a thorough Verifier Body/Verifier selection process that ensures Verifiers of the highest quality and integrity.