SLCP partnered with ITC (International Trade Centre) to build the Gateway, the central database of all SLCP verified data. ITC is the joint agency of the UN and the WTO, which means that all verified data is stored on a UN protected server.
What does the Gateway do?
- It securely stores all verified assessments
- It ensures data integrity and security
- It facilitates data sharing between different actors (e.g. facilities, brands, Verifiers)
The Gateway only supports data sharing. Data collection and verification do not take place on the Gateway. For data collection and verification, SLCP works with existing platforms, known as SLCP Accredited Hosts (AH). Facilities can choose which Accredited Host platform they use to collect their social and labor data and to undergo verification. The SLCP Data Collection Tool is available on all Accredited Hosts.
What does an Accredited Host do?
- It provides the SLCP Data Collection Tool which the facility uses to complete a self-/joint-assessment
- It provides the Verifier version of the Data Collection Tool so that the Verifier can complete the verification of the self/ joint assessment
- It facilitates data analysis and sharing of analyzed data between different actors (e.g. facilities, brands, Verifiers)
The diagram below shows how the Gateway and Accredited Hosts interact.