What kind of training is available to SLCP users?
There are three types of training available for SLCP system users:
- SLCP E-Learning
- Training by SLCP
- Training by Training Bodies
SLCP’s online training educates users on all aspects of the SLCP process and system in the form of seven e-learning modules:
- Introduction to SLCP
- Introduction to the ITC Sustainability Program
- The Data Collection Tool
- The Verification Process
- Quality Control in the SLCP Verification Process
- Navigating the Gateway
- Understanding the Role of Accredited Hosts
|1: Introduction to SLCP||
|2: Introduction to the ITC Sustainability Program||
|3: The Data Collection Tool||
|4: The Verification Process||
|5: Quality Control in the SLCP Verification Process||
|6: Navigating the Gateway||
|7: Understanding the Role of Accredited Hosts||
The e-learning modules are available in seven languages (English, Chinese, Turkish, Spanish, Bahasa, Vietnamese, and Portuguese) and free of charge.
Five courses are offered:
- Facilities are required to complete the Facility Course. This course consists of the seven e-learning modules, but only the completion of modules 3, 6 and 7 are required to receive the certificate. The CODE found on the certificate must be added to the facility’s Gateway profile.
- Aspiring Verifiers are required to complete the Verifier Course. This course consists of the seven e-learning modules and a final exam. Only after completing all course requirements and obtaining a passing grade on the final exam will Verifier candidates be approved to conduct SLCP verifications. Learn how to become a Verifier and be enrolled in the Verifier Course here [insert link to: Verifiers: how to become one].
- Verifier Body administrators are required to complete the Verifier Body Manager Course. The completion of all seven e-learning modules is required to receive the certificate.
- Aspiring Trainers are required to complete the Trainer Course. This course consists of the seven e-learning modules and train-the-trainer sessions. Only after completing all course requirements will candidate Trainers be approved to train SLCP system users. Learn how to become a Trainer and be enrolled in the Trainer Course here [link to new article – Trainer: how to become one].
- We welcome all other SLCP stakeholders, including brand representatives, industry associations, and agents to complete the General Course. The completion of all seven e-learning modules is required to receive the certificate.
Learn how to register on the e-learning platform and obtain your certificate here.
Training by SLCP
In addition to the e-learning, SLCP has hosted in-person training across the globe and virtual training in numerous local languages. Depending on the session, introductory or deep dive content is presented on all aspects of the SLCP process and system.
Facilities should subscribe to the monthly facility newsletter here for information on upcoming facility training sessions. All other users should subscribe to the SLCP newsletter here to be alerted to upcoming training opportunities.
Find the webinar recordings and slide decks from our most recent training series here
Training by Training Bodies (TBs)
SLCP partners with qualified Training Bodies to bring in-person and virtual training opportunities to SLCP users in local languages. Training Bodies utilize SLCP provided training materials to develop customized training sessions on all aspects of the SLCP process and system.
Find an overview of upcoming training sessions here.
Find the list of approved Training Bodies here. Feel free to reach out if you are looking for customized training.
Learn how to become an approved Training Body here.
Learn how to become an approved Trainer here.