SLCP offers two types of training to help all SLCP users understand the process and system, and to navigate it with ease and confidence:
- An e-learning program consisting of seven modules is provided free of charge.
- Classroom training sessions are conducted by SLCP and Training Bodies, focused on training facilities.
Where can I find the training?
To access the e-learning platform click here.
Who is the e-learning for?
- Facilities are required to take three modules to understand the Data Collection Tool, the Gateway, and the Accredited Host platforms before starting their assessment process. After taking the Facility Course and Certificate modules 3, 6 and 7 the facility receives a certificate with a unique CODE. This CODE needs to be added to the facility’s profile on the Gateway in order to complete their
- Candidate Verifiers must complete all seven modules before they can take the Verifier Exam. All modules are included in the Verifier Course. Aspiring Verifiers cannot sign-up for the Verifier Course on the platform themselves. Candidate Verifiers that have been selected by their Verifier Body and meet the criteria to be a Verifier will be invited to the Verifier Course by the Verification Oversight Organization (VOO). After completing the course, a certificate will be issued with a unique CODE that gives the candidate Verifier access to scheduling the Verifier Exam.
- The SLCP coordinator/ SLCP lead at the Training Body, i.e. the person at the TB that deals with SLCP training, and candidate trainers must complete all seven modules as part of the preparation process to conduct SLCP training. They can sign-up themselves and take all modules within the Trainer Course and Certificate. The trainer receives a certificate with a unique CODE after completion of all seven modules. This CODE needs to be sent to the SLCP Secretariat.
- The SLCP coordinator/ SLCP lead at the Verifier Body, i.e. the person at the VB that deals with SLCP verifications (e.g. quality control of report before submission) is required to take all seven modules of the e-learning. They can sign-up themselves on the training platform, and take the modules after signing in. No certificate will be issued when completing the modules.
- Brands are welcome to take the training to understand the SLCP process and system and to support their suppliers when needed. They can take the individual modules on the e-learning platform. No certificate will be issued when completing the modules.
In which languages is the training available?
Apart from English, training is and will be available in several local languages, e.g. Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish.
E-learning: When signing up, indicate which language you speak in order to get access to the e-learning in an available local language.
Classroom training: Training Bodies will conduct trainings in several local languages.
How long does the training take?
E-learning: Each module takes around two hours to complete.
Classroom training: Duration depends on the type of training chosen, but is likely not more than 1 day.
How do I access the training modules?
You can sign up for the e-learning modules here.
You can sign up as a facility, brand, Verifier Body representative or other. Make sure you select the correct designation in order to have access to the correct course. The training is publicly accessible and free of charge.
After signing up you will receive an email to confirm your account. If you do not see the email within ten minutes, check your spam folder. You can then log-in. After logging in, you will see your Dashboard and activity feed. Click on Catalog to see all training modules as well as the Courses and sign-up for the ones you’d like to take. Note: You will be automatically enrolled into the Facility Course if you signed up as a facility.
You can see/go back to the Course and/or Modules you are enrolled in by clicking on Profile in the menu that appears when clicking your name.