The facility selects the VB on the Accredited Host (AH) platform. It is also on the AH platform where the VB assigns a Verifier. This can be done when:
- The facility has completed the self-/joint-assessment on the Accredited Host (the status of the assessment is Assessment Completed) and,
- The VB has been selected to conduct the verification.
Only Verifiers that meet the following requirements are eligible for a specific verification:
- Eligible to verify in the country/region where the verification is requested (Verifier’s application for that country/region approved by the VOO)
- Speaks at least one of the languages spoken in the facility.
A Verifier would be disqualified for a verification when any of the below is the case:
- The VB has not been selected for the verification
- The VB supported the facility in the joint-assessment (or supported the facility through a 1-on-1 training/consultancy)
- The Verifier has not been approved by the Verification Oversight Organization
- The Verifier is visiting the facility for the second time in a row.
Furthermore, we strongly recommend that the Verifier is of a different gender than the Verifier that visited the facility during the last verification.