For your VB to be visible to a facility, (at least) one of your Verifiers needs to match with the facility’s location and language.
On their Gateway profile each Verifier has two fixed fields (pre-filled by the VOO):
- Country(ies)/Region(s) of Operation– These are the countries/regions for which the Verifier is approved to conduct verifications. This selection is based on a Verifier's experience, knowledge and ability to speak a local language. It is not based on where the Verifier lives (for example, someone in Hong Kong or mainland China may be approved for Taiwan).
- Languages– These are the languages that are fluently spoken by the Verifier. (Note: All Verifiers are required to speak/write English).
To match a Verifier Body to a facility, the pre-fixed fields need to match the following field in a facility's Gateway profile:
- Country/Region– Field that indicates where the facility is located
- All languages spoken at the facility– Field that indicated which languages are spoken by facility management and workers.
When a facility is selecting a VB, the list shown to them is filtered as follows:
- VB must have Verifiers that have the facility Country/Region in their list of Country(ies)/Region(s) of Operation.
- Then the VB must have Verifiers that have a Language that match at least one of the All languages spoken at the facility.
Facilities are asked to list all the language spoken in the facility (they can select multiple languages on Gateway). If they haven’t done this initially, it is recommended that the facility update their Gateway profile in order to see a broader list of Verifier Bodies.
Verifiers only need to match one language in a facility. However, the more languages match between the facility and the Verifier(s), the better. Once the Verifier/VB receive the self-/joint-assessment from the facility, VB/Verifier must check which languages are spoken in the facility in order to follow the Verification Protocol and interview all employee groups. They must hire translators if they do not speak all languages spoken in the facility.