I. Opening the Data Collection Tool
- You need at least PC Excel 2016 or Mac Excel 2016. If you have followed all the instructions on how to use the Data Collection Tool and still the Tool (repeatedly) crashes while you are working on it, it means you need a more recent version of Excel.
- Close all Excel files that are already open. Close any other large applications. Reopen your Excel application and then proceed to open the Tool.
- When opening the file, a pop up appears, and/or you see a Security Warning at the top of the screen. You must ENABLE CONTENT and/or ENABLE MACROS.
II. Loading time
- When you download the Data Collection Tool from the Accredited Host, a message about loading content will appear the first time you open the tool. Content loading takes a few minutes.
- When the loading is complete, another message will appear to indicate you are good to go and ready to work in the Tool.
III. Stop loading time and Save tool on computer
- When entering the Data Collection Tool, first proceed to the OVERVIEW sheet in the workbook and click the top far right button “Stop Load Time”.Then save the Excel like you would save any other document in your files/ on your computer (File > Save As). The next time you open the Tool from your computer, you will not need to load the content. The load function is only necessary the first time the document is opened after downloading it from the Accredited Host site.
- After you click the STOP LOAD TIMEbutton, proceed to save the document on your computer as you would any normal Excel document (Click File, then click Save/Save as). You should save your work regularly so you don´t lose content. The next time you open the Tool, there will be no load time.